Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The perils of dancing


At the risk of this turning into some kind of nasty.com site (don't even go there!) I thought I'd show you it's not all exotic experiences and gallavanting around without a care in the world on the ship. This is my left foot, and I just ripped my big toe-nail off a few days ago. You see, I have a soloist ballet track in one of the shows. I have to wear pointe shoes and that's how it happens. First, your toe-nail gets bruised due to continual pounding into the floor, because we actually dance on our toes in those shoes (I know my dancing friends know this, feel my pain ladies!) Second, as the bruise begins to show, the nail dies and starts to come away from your toe completely until you have to rip it off, in this case all but the very corner decided to detach. This all started a few months ago, and it's happened before, but it hurts a fair bit when you put all your weight on a toe with no nail! I'll write about nicer things soon, just wanted to vent...

1 comment:

Runaway Rubber Duckie said...

ohh, I'm sorry for your toe, Becky!! Kisses to make it better!!